Sunday, October 10, 2010

A hell raisin sugar when the sun goes down, mama taught her how to rip up a town

This has been the most disjointed, yet relaxing, weekend I have had in a while.

I (finally!) got my hair trimmed and discussed with Alice what we can do with my hair for the wedding based on it's current length. Have such a good game plan and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. I also love the fact that I showed her 60 or so totally different hairstyles and she is able to look at them and determine what I like about them and how it will all work together as one hairstyle. I think I will be bringing back the bangs though! Red bangs... good imagery in my head.

Yesterday Mr. Incredible surprised me by going into town to talk to a baker and set up a cake tasting for next weekend. We were planning on cupcakes, but it appears I will now have something to smush in his face... Not sure if this is why he decided to change baked good directions, but I don't think I want to dwell on it too much either.

Today I watched Whip It and absolutely loved it. I wanted to see it when it came out but wasn't sure if I was interested in it enough to spend $40 or so to see it at the theater and figured that I would at least rent it. Well now it is one that I definitely want to own. I have been very briefly toying with the notion of roller derby lately and this movie just about sealed the deal for me. It looks awesome! After that we worked on the ceremony scripting with Jezebel and am so happy that task is completed. Now all that's left is minor tweaking.After a few email back and forth I am sure it will be ready to go on notecards for him.

I just got done baking 5 dozen or so chocolate chip cookies with Disaronno and sea salt. There were probably 6 dozen, but I am pretty sure that Mr. Incredible and I have eaten about a dozen over the past hour. Seriously the best cookies I think I have ever made. Just makes me realize though that I definitely need another Silpat or two as having one just doesn't cut it when it takes you four baking batches just to get them all cooked. 

27 more days and I get to see everyone! I can't wait!

No comments: