Monday, November 16, 2009

Ain't no easy way to say but I need to get away and I'm never coming back again


So Friday pretty much sucked. I guess it can be surmised that since we have, on average, 2 Friday the 13th's per year, one of them tends to no-go-so-well. My day was overall crappy, then I managed to get on the wrong bus when going home. This typically wouldn't be an issue as there are three variations of the same route that practically drop me off at my door. The issue being that I managed to get on the one that only goes halfway on my route. So in essence I get a mile and a half from home and have to wait for the next bus to come by. Mr. Incredible took pity on me and came to pick me up, but while I was waiting for him, I was chatting with the other people at the stop where I got ditched. One of them also got on the wrong bus and was dumped along with me. The other was a man who had picked up a few groceries with his almost 6 year old son who was just about the cutest thing I had ever seen. He was very chatty and quite hilarious and probably would have shared his chocolate milk with me were it not for "girl cooties". I spent about 10 minutes chatting with them and I left smiling as he was dancing for traffic, trying to entertain them. I think God put me on the wrong bus on purpose so that I could have some cheer as I definitely needed it that day.
 
The rest of my weekend was just so-so as stuff just keeps weighing on my mind. It will all be resolved soon, but in the mean time we are uber-frustrated!
 
I also heard the best advice today when discussing the guest list for the wedding with Miss Bee. Our co-worker said that her approach is "Would I want to go to something of theirs?" If not, don't worry about not inviting them. I really need to focus on that!

No comments: