Thursday, May 7, 2009

And all I really want....

is to not have to face it. I know that it is something I have to work through and that 14 years is far to long to have not spoken to my grandfather. Unfortunately it seems as though having a date set and planes tickets (virtually) in hand means that there are a lot of things I have to work through in the next three weeks. I am absolutely ecstatic to get to see my aunt and uncle and most of my cousins and their families. I am still amazed that my grandpa is happy about seeing me and my dad. I am still not sure if it would be better to go by myself. I am glad that my dad is going. I think it's really something that he needs to do, but I also remember what a bear he could be before having to see my grandparents when I was younger. Frankly, there are some issues surrounding that that I have to work through as well. I am glad that a time has finally come to face it all, but still three weeks doesn't seem nearly long enough as I don't even know where to start. There are so many things that I want to say to both that I have gone over and over in my head, but yet I am afraid that I won't be able to actually get them out when I have the chance. I am also not sure what to expect, which doesn't help either....

Oh well, there is no use agonizing over it right now, so I shall go finish my book.... Sweet dreams world!

No comments: