Friday, November 6, 2009

We are, we are.... the youth of a nation......

Before I was born, my mom went for an interview for a job at a dentist's office. She did not get the job, but she did end up with a new dentist. Needless to say, at some point or another, probably half of my family members have visited his office and he has been my dentist for all almost-twenty-six years of my existence. He is as well acquainted with the goings-on in my life as one can be with a 15 minute conversation every six months. He has a daughter the same age as my cousin Dena. She and her husband divorced right around the same time that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and I became officially divorced. We were briefly discussing this as he mentioned that she was still kind of upset about it. He asked if I was upset about it in any way and I honestly told him that I did not regret ending things. He stated that he wished she could get to that point and feel the same way that I do about things. All that being said, it was a part of my life and in it's own way, it did whatever part of making me who I am today.

All that being said.....

On October 24th, my best friend asked me to be his wife. He proposed in the most innocuous way with a ring that was exactly what I did not desire, yet it's all so perfect. Every day that I see this ring on my hand, I fall more and more in love with it, for the history of it, for what it represents, and for itself. We have begun our wedding planning and it's quite fun so far. My intentions for it all is to make it about us and those that we love. I want those that we love to be able to celebrate this special even in our life with us. I also don't intend on building this up to the extent that I feel let down when we are married and the planning is over.

No comments: