Friday, July 24, 2009

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed.....

One of those days filled with excellent conversations at work and none of us are in the mood to work.... I tried uploading more pictures last night and they were almost complete when it stopped working, so I gave up and went back to drawing.... Hope to finish it today. Also actually managed to paint my nails (twice, as after painting them sparkly pink, I covered it with blood red).
 
Today I woke up and thought long and hard about whether or not getting out of bed was worth it. Then the dog laid his (thankfully not drooly) head on my arm and I realized it was Friday. That alone was enough to get me up. Well, than and I knew that if Bug was already up, he would soon be nudging my head with his gargantuan nose and dog breath first thing in the morning is far worse than my morning breath....
 
Also found out an amazing discovery yesterday! We don't actually have to ATTEND BlogHer conferences.... we could always just go and hang out with those kick ass peeps! Now Miss Bee and I have decided that we want to go next year and hang out and live it up with Zoot, Amalah, Chef's Widow, and Ree. Then I realized that I better start commenting and communicating so that we don't have to just walk up to them and say "Hi, ISwearI'mNotAStalkerAndYouSeemTotallyKickAssAndILoveYourBlogAndThePicturesThatYouPostAndDidIMentionThatIAmNotAStalker!" and Miss Bee plans on just pointing at me and saying "I'm with her"
 
Still utterly amazed that BlogHer and ComicCon fall on the same weekend. I wonder if this is the case every year as I also REALLY want to go to ComicCon... (Poor Mr. Incredible for having to put up with me! Yesterday I was recounting our goal to hang out with our/my favorite bloggers and I am pretty sure he just thought I was nuts!)
 
I have also been feeling quite rebellious lately. To the point where there are some things I want to do and honestly wouldn't really care about the outcome. The mildest of which being dyeing my hair pink. One of my co-workers, one of the most kick-ass women I have ever met (I can only hope to be even similar to her and that would still be something!) mentioned that perhaps it is related to a meeting that I had last week that I left feeling ok but the more time that passed and I had a chance to think things over, frankly, scared the shit out of me. Or maybe it just pissed me off. I have also been trying to decide exactly how I feel, but irregardless, it left me unsettled. I was also having a really bad week since then due to both that and our sudden shitty/cold weather. On Wednesday, I went home from work, had one shot of jager, and the remainder of my week has been much better even since then!
 
Mr. Incredible, as of last night, is now 1/3 of the way through his schooling. I am so proud of him. I know that now I get significantly less time to spend with him due to him being in school 4 nights a week with an average of 1-4 tests per week plus all his homework, but I also realize that come the beginning of March (after classes and his externship), it will all be worth it.
 
To end on a completely unrelated note, I am hungry and LOVE my (stolen) fountain pen.... it rocks!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Pasquale said...

I've resolved to attend SDCC with my fellow twitterer @devonpriddle next year. We're both saddened to have missed Amanda Palmer, Neil Gaiman, Wil Wheaton and of course JJ. Only hope they attend next year.