Thursday, May 30, 2013

Put your crystals under my pillow

Every year I am amazed at how piss-poor my memory of humidity is. It's so easy to think about a temp and how hot it feels, but to actually experience it is wholly another thing. Two years ago I caved in and spend a fair amount of money on a bright yellow backpack with aqua skateboard straps. (Now I just need the skateboard and the ability to ride one) I love this backpack as its like second skin to me. I always know exactly where I place things in it. 

At the beginning of this week, I was checking out the weather and knew I would want to use my mailbag for a while instead. I switched the necessary accoutrements over a couple of days ago  and all has been well, until last night. I happened across my backpack (since I haven't put it away an it is still on the couch) and had such a strong desire to switch back. I contemplated it quite a few times, in fact. 

This morning as I took Sebastian on a walk, the 68F felt nice and I noticed very little humidity. This was quite impressive to me as I already knew that we had 88%humidity. As I grabbed my bag and made my way to the bus, I have no idea how I never noticed it earlier, but the air is so thick I am amazed I can't see it. I am now so glad that I did not cave in an switch back to the backpack. I don't think I could handle a sweaty back at 7AM.

No comments: