Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We gon' light this up like it's dynamite!

Today I had every intention of coming home from work and relaxing with a nice glass of sweet tea and Jack Daniels. My plan did not quite go as intended. I have been wanting to practice patterned friendship bracelets because as a child I never had the patience for anything more than simple braided ones. But before I get to that part, I must first explain that there is a couple that ride the bus with us in the morning that Scott and I have dubbed "the readers" for the very obvious reason that they read every morning. (Original, aren't we?) Scott and I have discussed that they seem like they would be cool to hang out with. While I, with my ever-growing love of talking, still seem to be incapable of initiating conversation. However, how was I to know that the simple act of putting in contact lenses on a bus would lead to a discussion of weighed contact lenses, Blood, Guts, Diseases of the Month, and showering while forgetting to wash one's body? From there we have decided that we might be twins and that we need to get together and make friendship bracelets. And then came the very starting realization that I will subject Rykk and my parents to the everyday state of my bathroom because I know they just won't care, but newbies get the cleaned bathroom and picked up apartment so that one is not instantly covered in dog hair from merely looking at our door. (It's hot, we have a long haired dog, dog has lots of fur, I inwardly cry every day while I brush and vacuum him and brush and vacuum the floor and then he still sheds more 5 minutes later *sob*) Also, since it is Wednesday and I had my mom's car, I figured that I better return cans and bottles to Meijer and pick up more beer for the hubs. Needless to say, but they time I returned home (after also stopping at the bank to drop off the name change papers so they do not still refer to me as my ex-husbands last name) Scott had taken a shower and passed out for a nap. I cleaned as much as I could as quietly as I could before deciding that the unfinished wall was bothering me. Thankfully Scott was so passed out that he did not wake up and complain that I hammered in nails for 10 more pictures to go on the wall. By that point, I decided to forego the sweet tea and have a Mountain Dew and Jack. I failed to take into account that while I tend to drink Mountain Dew as my one pop of the day, I tend to start it between 10 and 11 AM, not at 7:30pm. Now I am wide awake and I fear starting a project as I know that I will then get even less sleep than the 6 hours I will get if I were to pass out this very minute. On the plus side, I did managed to get distracted from cleaning to paint a picture frame so that tomorrow I can hammer yet another nail into my nicely painted blue wall. And then I just have to determine what to put in three of the empty frames....

No comments: