Saturday, January 9, 2010

Throw them in the wash. It'll be grand.

Last night (meaning Thursday night as I still haven't gone to bed, so it's still my Friday so I guess that I am not 26 yet, but technically I have another seven and a half hours anyway, so oh well) mom and I were discussing our shopping plans for the day and what time we wanted to start pounding the pavement, er.... store linoleum(?). We debated that it would depend on the weather, as we got our annual dump-heaping-piles-of-snow-2-days-before-my-birthday snowfall yesterday. Last night, the roads SUCKED so we weren't sure what to expect this morning. Mom then said that she planned on heading to the ban k when they opened at 9, so she probably wouldn't be here until ten. Then she wondered if that would be to early for me. I said it would be far too late, and she laughed as she recalled that I can drag my (not always coherent) body out of bed at any time required if it pertains to shopping. Needless to say, I think we started our ventures around ten anyways.

We headed to the mall to find a strapless bra so that I could try on dresses and see what shape/style/color I liked. Found out that in certain companies I am now a DD, so WTF is up with that?!?! Then we found some super-awesome bright and patterned tights for less than $3 per pair! Major score as for some reason lately I absolutely adore tunics and leggings. Then I found an awesome pair of boots, but the smallest they had in stock was an 8 and my semi-minuscule feet need a 6.5, so I was quite bummed until we thought to see if they can order them in my size, so SCORE! My new boots will be in on Wednesday or so.

Then we hit up Bagger Dave's for yummy cheeseburgers and decided to try our hand at viewing the ballroom or whatever it's called for a possible reception site. I adore the room, but I am not sure what I think of the place overall. Or maybe it was the lady.... I am not sure either way. Then for the fun part!

We headed towards the bridal shop that I wanted to go to that I thought I remembered the address of, then realized I also wasn't entirely too clear on the name either. Of course I also was not able to find the one random piece of paper that had it written on the back of it either. Instead decided to head to a different shop.

I must say, I was not expecting it at all. Stepping into the first dress, it really hit me. I got so excited I broke out in hives. Needless to say, it is rather hard to determine if I prefer white or ivory as my face and chest were bright red. Found two that I adore though, so now I have to decide if I like them more than the green skirt. There are so many pros and cons either way.... I hate making decision unless it is regarding something like haircolor or socks.

Chick flick then ensued as Mom and I went to see Leap Year. It was a typical chick flick in that you knew what would happen, but it was so cute. I loved it, especially the old guys in the pub. I just keep thinking that you should never start a trip on a Sunday and cracking up. Also, I most definitely now have a crush on Matthew Goode. Oh that smile..... :)

Anyways, I am now home after the inevitable stop at JoAnn's (white flowers today!) and for some reason, even though it is almost 4am, I am still wide awake. At least I have managed to finish one book today, but I can't finish the other one yet as it is somewhere in the bedroom and I think Mr. Incredible might kill me if I attempt to find it as he has been passed out for about 5 hours now and may have the start of my cold from last weekend, of which, my throat still kills.... Thanks Miss Bee! (nice run-on sentence, huh?) Oh well, guess I should go force myself to sleep so that I can actually get some stuff done tomorrow (err... today) and not sleep all the way up to my birthday dinner. Wow, guess I really am stuck on an Irish weekend.... maybe I'm trying to tell myself something! Guess I shall go ponder that!

No comments: