Saturday, December 26, 2009

I look psychotic in a balaklava

It has been a very good Christmas weekend thus far. Thursday, we had my parents and grandparents over for a full turkey dinner. We were determined to have leftovers, so for 6 people we got a 19.87 pound turkey. Let's just say that we have plenty of leftovers and are tackling hot brown's and I can't wait. Christmas day we just spent the day at home with Sebastian and Roosta and cleaned. Mr. Incredible got a carpet shampooer as a present from my parents and I am amazed that he waited almost a whole day to use it. So we cleaned a good deal yesterday and I went through and organized a lot of my crap. It was quite nice. This morning mom called me not longer after I got up and asked what we had planned today and we hatched a plan to venture out. Dad then called me while mom was showering to discuss the possibility of Polish for lunch, then a viewing of Sherlock Holmes which turned out to be quite enjoyable! Then my parents stayed over for pizza and a rousing game of Scrabble wherein dad challenged "Ya", but allowed "ogive". Ya got me.....

Now Mr. Incredible and I are both sacked out on the couch with our respective laptops and debating how tired we are. I am thinking that I want to cull the Social Security Death Index a little more after hopping in the shower but I am not sure how well that will work out. I also want to really start looking into seeing how much I can find online as to whether or not pre-WW2 church records were sent from church to church as a person moved (i.e. whether the church that performed last rites for my Great Aunt and Great-Grandparents would also have info on their other sacraments). In some ways it is rather hard to find church records for a religion that you don't follow. Also, I really should look into the exact date taht I was baptized as I do not know when it was other that that I wore green jeans that day.

No comments: