Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Make me, Break me, Any way you need me......

Oh what a long strange trip it's been!
 
I am not sure what to think of this year as a whole so far. I realize that it is only October 7th, but I am not sure I can handle two and a half more months along the same vein as the past 9 and a half! Sheesh!
 
Grimsby and Grandpa are now all moved in down here. Let's here it for a 15 minute (and not three and a half hour!) drive to see them! It is also such a relief to see Grandpa doing so well lately. We went over this past Saturday to see if they needed help moving stuff in. He knew who both Scott and I were when we got there. Their normal bed is still in storage up in Traverse City, so they are using a spare bed frame. It's painted green metal. At some point, mom will end up with this bed so either this summer or last she started sanding/scraping off the paint. On Saturday the decision was made that the bed frame needed to be painted. Mom sent Squirt and I to the store to get paint for it. They wanted to paint it black and I wanted PINK! (anybody else here thinking of the blue frosting debacle?!?!) Squirt and I raced out to Grandpa (and no concussions ensued this time;) ) and he emphatically said no to the black! I asked about pink and he said sure so off we ran before anyone could argue with him! We came back with a lovely bright raspberry and a Caribbean blue. We have the bed half done, and it is half blue and half pink! We also painted their metal frame patio chairs and they, too, look awesome! I do realize that pink is not an ideal bed frame color, but I was going to jump at the opportunity since he so adamantly vetoed the toilet planter. I'll take it anywhere I can get it!
 
Last night the Tigers lost in their attempt to make it into the playoffs. Took it into 12 innings only to lose! What makes it even worse is that they had so many opportunities throughout the game! I mean, imagine how much of a douche you would feel like for striking out with a full count, bases loaded, and two outs only to let them take it from you a mere 15 minutes later! Ack! Bring back 1984!!
 
After the game ended, it was also discovered that we had no water. As in can't really flush the toilet, no water to brush my teeth, dishwasher running without it, NO WATER! Stinking water main break!
 
I suppose I should get back to work as I don't want to break my productive streak for the day. But bring on the Mountain Dew!! :)

No comments: