Sunday, September 6, 2009

baby lou tattoo....

So far, my four day weekend is absolutely fantastic! Yesterday we slept in and then headed off to the library. Spent some time puttering around there and picked up some books and dvd's. On our way home, Mr. Incredible mentioned that he wanted to check out U of M's Art Museum and I mentioned that I STILL wanted pizza. We decided to snag some Happy's and go to the park, then head to the museum. Around this time, bitch mood kicked in for no apparent reason. We failed to take into account that it was still the end of student move-in. Took FOREVER to get across time which only furthered my already lovely mood. Finally we parked (hurray for a blue AVI) and as we headed out of the sturcture, Mr. Incredible was trying to get out of me what was bothering me. In the midst of spilling my guts I broke out in tears which somehow managed to make everything better. I hate that sometimes you just have to cry. It's bad enough crying at all in general, even if it does pose much interest to Gimpy. Back to my story.... We finally decided that Happy's was not worth anything compared with Cottage Inn deep dish (ah, my third-or-fourth true love...) so we intended to snag some and head to the park by the cube. Instead my bladder decided that it wanted to participate, so we meandered an extra couple of blocks in search of anywhere with a public restroom. Finally feeling more "relieved", we snagged some super yummy deep dish and headed off to the spinny (!!!) cube to eat and people watch. Meandered in and out of a few shops on State and I will never cease to be amazed by the re-emergence of the students each fall. Headed to MBS as I wanted to look into their supply of 4x4 grid paper and also found out that they carry the supplies that I have been searching all over town for for a few weeks. I was beyond thrilled! Headed off to the museum, which I still can't believe I have never been to before. I <3'd it! They actually have a Beckmann there! I swooned! Sadly, I was wearing my second-favorite flip-flops which sadly as not as cushiony as the rubber-soled ones. By this point, the balls of my feet were KILLING me! I decided to shed the shoes and wandered around the fantastic wood floors of the new wing of the museum, which I am also convinced would make awesome lofts. Heading home, we watched some Alias and vegged out. It was idyllic, and just the kind of day I needed, sans crying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garner needs to be shinier.